'How We will use your Information'
- We are members of The Guestscan Association, an unincorporated association of holiday accommodation owners whose address is 46-48 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4LY and who maintain a database of information about guests who have, in the reasonable opinion of members, caused the member to suffer loss or damage. The Guestscan Association is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
- By booking with us you authorise us to report the circumstances surrounding any loss or damage you cause during your stay and to share the information you provide in relation to your booking (including your name, address etc) with other members of the Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited, who may add your details to the Guestscan Association database. This may result in other members of the Guestscan Association refusing to accept bookings from you in the future. The Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited may also use your information to analyse and improve the effectiveness of the Guestscan service. We will also use your information for our own internal record keeping.
- The Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited will not share your information with any other party for advertising or marketing purposes and will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).Our Data Protection Policy is available at http://www.guestscan.co.uk/privacy-policy.html.
- The Guestscan Association will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary to protect the interests of members and the length of time will depend on the severity of the report that is made about any loss, damage or unacceptable behaviour during your stay. In any event, your information will be destroyed automatically or before the fourth anniversary of the date that the report is made.
- You may request copies of the information that we hold about you at any time by writing to Guestscan Limited at 46-48 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4LY. We may make a small charge which will not exceed £10.
- If you think that the information we have about you or records of your stay are incorrect or misleading, you should contact Guestscan Limited as soon as possible at the above address so that we can take steps to correct our records where necessary.